Hope everyone is well.
I am doing okay, little set back with a bad foot but life goes on lol.
So I have a recipe to share with you today, a cool lip balm. I made a batch recently and shared it with some family and friends, they love it, yay!!
This batch makes about 10 tubes but you can use any sort of container you have, remember to always save used lip tubes, you can refill them. I got my tubes from Wholesale Supplies Plus.
So here is the recipe I used (variation from Wholesale Supplies Plus)
Wintergreen Lip balm
Don’t let the title scare you , if you don’t like wintergreen you can substitute any essential oil.
• 1 Oz mango butter
• 1.5 Tbsp beeswax
• 1 Tbsp Candellila Wax
• 1 Tbsp Castor Oil
• 1 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil (I get mine from Now Foods)
• 2 ml Vitamin E
• 6 ml Wintergreen Essential Oil (I get mine from Now Foods)
- Melt beeswax and candellila wax in glass bowl or measuring cup over a double boiler or you can use the microwave (carefully). I usually put my glass measuring cup in a small pot of boiling water.
- Heat until almost melter and remove from heat.
- Add mango butter. Return to microwave or water until melted completely.
- Remove from heat. Add castor oil, sweet almond, vitamin E and essential oils and stir. If it starts to thicken return to heat for a few mins til it turns back into a liquid.
- Carefully pour into lip balm tubes or container of choice and let cool. This is why I use a measuring cup, the spout is very handy when filling tubes. You can use a dropper if you want.
- Let cool completely. Put caps on use and share!!
If you try this let me know what you think!
Have a great weekend